TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ASTRO FIRST AND ASTRO BEST PURCHASE
- These Terms and Conditions for ASTRO First and ASTRO Best("AF/AB T&C") are intended to regulate and govern the use by the Customer of the Astro FIRST and ASTRO Best movie purchase via various means. These AF/AB T&C are to be read together with and shall form part of the General Terms & Conditions For ASTRO Services or the General Terms & Conditions for ASTRO IPTV Service or the ASTRO FreeSat Terms & Conditions, whichever shall be applicable (called the "Subscription Terms and Conditions").
- In the event there is a conflict of terms between your Subscription Terms and Conditions with the AF/AB T&C in relation to the ordering and viewing of the ASTRO First and ASTRO Best movie, the AF/AB T&C shall prevail.
- Any capitalized terms used herein where not defined shall have the meaning as that defined in your Subscription Terms and Conditions
Ordering a movie
You can order anASTRO First and/or ASTRO Best movie by going through the various methods below:
• From your Astro Decoder movie portal and On Demand portal
• From astrofirstbest.com online portal
- The cost of the movie(s) including GST will be billed to you and stated on your Astro Bill. It is payable on the due date stated on your Astro Bill. For payments on astrofirstbest.com, the option to pay via on-line banking and credit card are available.
- You acknowledge that any person who has access to the Reception Equipment may purchase programs from the various methods and you will be responsible to pay for all charges. You are solely responsible for ensuring that no one uses your Reception Equipment without your authorization. If you wish to protect against such unauthorized purchases or activities, you may do so by activating the channel security lock (Parental Lock) on your set top box.
You have a 48 hour viewing period starting from the time of your order. There will be no refunds if you do not watch the movie(s) within this period.
Recording is possible; however, the movie(s) will be automatically deleted upon the expiry of the 48 hours.
If any of the movies are not available/cancelled for broadcast, there will not be any charges.
Advance Booking Terms and Conditions
- Advanced Booking service is accessible only via the website www.astrofirstbest.com and the Customer can book any particular programme any time, up till 48 hours prior to the scheduled show time of the particular programme (“Advance Booking Service”). The Advanced Booking service is only available to Customers who have an active ASTRO subscription account. The Customer is deemed to have agreed to these Advanced Booking Terms and Conditions upon the use of the Advanced Booking service.
- The Customer may in advance book up to 3 different programme titles for ASTRO First movies and 3 different programme titles for ASTRO Best movies per transaction subject to the aggregate of 15 different programme titles for ASTRO First movies and 15 different programme titles for ASTRO Best movies per month.
- The Customer who performs advanced bookings for the programmes made using the Advanced Booking Service will be given the option to pay by charging it to their Astro Bill or to pay via internet banking or credit card. For payment to be charged to the Customer’s ASTRO subscription account, the charges will appear in the following month’s bill.
- Where a request to purchase a programme has been made via set top box (“the STB Booking”) and also via the Advanced Booking Service, the Advanced Booking will be overridden by the STB Booking if the programme booked via the STB Booking has an earlier start time.
- It is anticipated that a Customer may use various methods to book a programme to watch on ASTRO First or ASTRO Best. In the event a programme that is booked using the Advanced Booking service has a later start time than the start time of that same programme that may have been booked via the other methods, then the booking made using the Advanced Booking service is cancelled in favour of the earlier start time. The Customer will be notified of the cancellation made using the Advanced Booking. In such an event, the Customer will only be charged once.
- The Advanced Booking Terms and Conditions shall apply to any Customer who successfully purchases programmes via the Advanced Booking Service. Where the Advanced Booking Service is used by a third party other than the Customer, with or without authorization of the Customer using the Customer’s ASTRO subscription account, the Customer shall be liable for such charges as may be applicable.
- ASTRO reserves the right to cancel a booked programme with notice to the Customer via email. On a case-by-case basis a refund may be given at ASTRO’s discretion.
eGift Movie Vouchers
- ASTRO allows any user of the ASTRO First and/or ASTRO Best Advance Booking Service to purchase eGift Movie Voucher’s for anyone be it a known person to the user or a stranger to the user. The user that sends a eGiftMovie Vouchers (“the Sender”) and does not need to be an ASTRO subscriber or require an ASTRO ID to purchase the eGift Movie Voucher’s. The user who receives the eGiftMovie Voucher(“the Recipient”) must be an active Astro subscriber with an active Astro ID to be able to redeem the eGift Movie Voucher.
- Astro subscribers who would like to be a Recipient will need to register as a receiver of free eGift Movie Vouchers on www.astrofirstbest.com. The Recipient is required to provide a profile photo, username and any other information required by Astro for the registration. The Recipient agrees that the registration as a receiver of free eGift Movie Vouchers will lead to the display of their profile on www.astrofirstbest.com in order for them to receive the free eGift Movie Vouchers provided that they have been chosen by the Sender to be the Recipient.
- The Recipient will be able to use the eGift Movie Vouchers to purchase Astro First and Astro Best movies of their choice to watch on their TV’s linear channels and on Astro On The Go, where applicable.
- For “eGift A Friend”, it is the responsibility of the Sender to ensure that the correct email address of the Recipient is provided to ASTRO and to ensure that the Recipient is an active Astro subscriber. Astro will not be responsible and will not entertain any refunds if a wrong Recipient or invalid email address was given; or if the Recipient is not an active Astro subscriber and is unable to redeem the eGift Movie Vouchers.
- If the Sender is purchasing the eGift Movie Vouchers for a stranger, the Sender is not required to provide an email address.
- eGift Movie Vouchers can be used to redeem any ASTRO First and/or ASTRO Best movie via www.astrofirstbest.com only. The eGift Movie Vouchers can be given to anyone but the Recipient must be an active ASTRO subscriber with an active ASTRO ID.
- The minimum value of the eGift Movie Vouchers is RM20.00 and the maximum is RM100.00. eGift Movie Vouchers can only be paid via credit card or internet banking.
- For any orders that have a combination of Movie + eGift Movie Vouchers in the Shopping Cart Order on the website, the option to charge the payment to their Astro bill will not be available. They can only pay via credit card or internet banking.
- Where the price of an ASTRO First and/or ASTRO Best movie is more than the value of the eGift Movie Vouchers, the ASTRO subscriber has to top up the difference with their credit card or via internet banking through the Astro Payment Gateway (APG). No charges will be made to the Astro Bill.
- eGift Movie Vouchers are valid for 1 year (or any other duration as stipulated by ASTRO from time to time) from the date of the eGift Movie Vouchers issuance date (“Voucher Validity Period”). Any unutilized eGift Movie Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash or refunded. Where there is unutilized eGift Movie Vouchers credit in an ASTRO subscriber account upon termination of the subscriber account, such unutilized value will be forfeited.
- In the event that the Recipient is no longer an active Astro account holder due to voluntary or involuntary churn due to non-payment of Astro bills, any un-used eGift Movie Vouchers amount will be forfeited.
- Multiple eGift Movie Vouchers can be accumulated and used to purchase any ASTRO First and/or ASTRO Best movie available on astrofirstbest.com. However, the use of the eGift Movie Vouchers is subject to the validity period for each voucher. The value on an expired eGift Movie Voucher cannot be added to an unexpired eGift Movie Voucher.
- eGift Movie Vouchers that have not been used are transferable but any transfer will be subject to the Voucher Validity Period.
- ASTRO reserves the right to monitor and regulate the activities on the website www.astrofirstbest.com. ASTRO reserves the right to remove any content, user profile, message that are deemed to be inappropriate.in its sole and absolute discretion.
- For payments via credit card, the minimum charge imposed by the credit card issuing bank is RM1.00 per transaction. This amount is not refundable.