TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ASTRO FIRST AND ASTRO BEST PURCHASE
- These Terms and Conditions for ASTRO First and ASTRO Best("AF/AB T&C") are intended to regulate and govern the use by the Customer of the Astro FIRST and ASTRO Best movie purchase via various means. These AF/AB T&C are to be read together with and shall form part of the General Terms & Conditions For ASTRO Services or the General Terms & Conditions for ASTRO IPTV Service or the ASTRO FreeSat Terms & Conditions, whichever shall be applicable (called the "Subscription Terms and Conditions").
- In the event there is a conflict of terms between your Subscription Terms and Conditions with the AF/AB T&C in relation to the ordering and viewing of the ASTRO First and ASTRO Best movie, the AF/AB T&C shall prevail.
- Any capitalized terms used herein where not defined shall have the meaning as that defined in your Subscription Terms and Conditions
Ordering a movie
You can order anASTRO First and/or ASTRO Best movie by going through the various methods below:
From your Astro Decoder movie portal
For post paid subscription account:
Step 1: Go to Astro First (CH480) or Astro Best (CH481) interactive movie portal on you TV.
Step 2: Select the movie(s) you wish to purchase with the arrows on your Astro remote and press "OK" to select
Step 3: Press the "blue" button on your Astro remote control to select the movie(s) you wish to order.
Step 4 :Press the "blue" button again to confirm your order.
Step 5: A code will appear on your TV screen, follow the instructions on your TV screen.
Step 6: Wait for an SMS reply on your mobile phone. This confirms your purchase.
Step 7: You may go to the channel(s) specified in the SMS to enjoy your movie.
For pre-paid subscription account (njoi account):
Step 1: Purchase a "Prabayar Njoi" card from authorized dealers.
Step 2: Scratch the grey panel at the front of card to obtain your 16 digit code.
Step 3: Type 111 <space> IC Number <space 16 Digit Pin Code and SMS to 33310.
Step 4: Go to Njoi Service Portal CH200 to select Astro First/Best and press "OK".
Step 5: Select the movie(s) you wish to purchase with the arrows on your Astro remote and press "OK" to select.
Step 6: Press the "blue" button on your Astro remote control to select the movie(s) you wish to order.
Step 7: Press the "blue" button again to confirm your order.
Step 8: A code will appear on your TV screen, follow the instructions on your TV screen.
Step 9: Wait for an SMS reply on your mobile phone. This confirms your purchase.
Step 10: You may go to the channel(s) specified in the SMS to enjoy your movie.
From astrofirstbest.com online portal
Step 1: Go to www.astrofirstbest.com on your PC/tablet/smartphone
Step 2: Log in with your Astro ID
Step 3: Select your movie, date and time as desired
Step 4: Press "BUY NOW" to confirm
Step 5: Check out and proceed to payment
Step 6: An email confirmation will be sent to you and an SMS will be sent to your phone 1 hour before your movie starts. You may go to the channel(s) specified in the email to enjoy your movie at your booked time.
From the connected set top box On Demand portal
Step 1: Press the "home" button on your remote and select "Video On Demand"
Step 2: Using your right/left buttons from your Astro remote, select VOD Store and press "ok"
Step 3: Select "movies" and your programmes will be available in "Astro First" or "Astro Best"
Step 4: Select the movie(s) you wish to purchase and press the blue button to purchase
Step 5: You will be prompted for your PIN code to proceed. The default pin is 0000.
Step 6: Your movie will start downloading once the PIN code is entered.
Step 7: You may access your movie in "My TV" from the "home" button on your remote.
- The cost of the movie(s) including GST will be billed to you and stated on your Astro Bill. It is payable on the due date stated on your Astro Bill.
- You acknowledge that any person who has access to the Reception Equipment may purchase programs from the various methods and you will be responsible to pay for all charges. You are solely responsible for ensuring that no one uses your Reception Equipment without your authorization. If you wish to protect against such unauthorized purchases or activity you may do so by activating the channel security lock (Parental Lock) on your set top box as per the steps below:
- Parental Lock
Please follow these simple steps to lock and unlock a channel. Once a channel is locked, it cannot be watched until it is unlocked using the PIN set for your set top box.
Step 1: To lock a channel, press the "home" button on your remote control. Use the left/right arrow button on your remote control and select "Preferences".
Step 2: Select "Parental Control" and press "ok"
Step 3: Please enter your 4 digit PIN (the default pin is 0000). Press the "ok" button to confirm.
Step 4: Select "channel bock" and press "ok"
Step 5: Use the up/down arrows on your remote to select the channel you want to block. Save the changes to activate this function.
- To lock another channel, repeat steps 4 and 5.
- To exit, press the blue "b" button on your remote.
- When you select a locked channel, a banner announcing that the channel is locked will appear. Your pin is required to unlock the channel.
- To unlock a channel, simply repeat steps 1 to 5.
Charges including GST will be shown on your television at the time of your order.
You have a 48 hour viewing period starting from the time of your order. There will be no refunds if you do not watch the movie(s) within this period.
Recording is possible; however, the movie(s) will be automatically deleted upon the expiry of the 48 hours.
If any of the movies are not available/cancelled for broadcast, there will not be any charges.
Advance Booking Terms and Conditions
- The Advanced Booking service is only available to Customers who have an active ASTRO Subscription Account. The Customer is deemed to have agreed to these Advanced Booking Terms and Conditions upon the use of the Advanced Booking service.
- Advanced Booking service is accessible only via the website www.astrofirstbest.com and the Customer can book any particular programme any time, up till48 hours prior to the scheduled show time of the particular programme. The Customermay in advance book up to 3 different programme titlesfor ASTRO First movies and 3 different programme titles for ASTRO Best movies per transaction subject to the aggregate of 15 different programme titles for ASTRO First movies and 15 different programme titles for ASTRO Best movies per month.
- All advancedbookings for the programmes made using the Advanced Booking service will be charged. The said charges will be charged to the Customer’s ASTRO account and will appear in the following month’s bill.
- Where a request to purchase a programme has been made via set top box ("the STB Booking") and also via the Advanced Booking service,the Advanced Booking will be overridden by the STB Booking if the programme booked via the STB Booking has an earlier start time.
- It is anticipated that a Customer may use various methods to book a programme to watch on ASTRO First or ASTRO Best. In the event a programme that is booked using the Advanced Booking service has a later start time than the start time of that same programme that may have been booked via the other methods, then the booking made using the Advanced Booking service is cancelled in favour of the earlier start time. The Customer will be notified of the cancellation made using the Advanced Booking. In such an event, the Customer will only be charged once.
- The Advanced Booking Terms and Conditions shall apply to any Customer who successfully purchases programmes via the Advanced Booking service. Where the Advanced Booking service is used by a third party other than the Customer, with or without authorization of the Customer using the Customer’s ASTRO Subscription Account, the Customer shall be liable for such charges as may be applicable.
- ASTRO reserves the right to cancel a booked programme with notice to the Customer via email.On a case-by-case basis a refund may be given at ASTRO’s discretion.